We expect all or clients to practice the following firearm safety rules. Not doing so can be grounds to terminate the hunt with no refunds.
- Firearms are to be kept unloaded until your guide instructs you to load your magazine.
- Never keep a bullet in the chamber until instructed to do so by your guide, or when preparing to shoot your animal.
- Never, ever, point your gun at another person We always assume that a gun is loaded, so never point your gun at anything you don’t intend to shoot!
- Firearms will be placed in the vehicle with the muzzle down at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed while hunting, but is allowed after arriving back at camp or at the end of a hunt. You are required to purchase and bring your own alcoholic drinks.
- All hunters born after January 1,1964 are required to complete a hunter safety course, and carry their card with them during their hunt.
We guarantee to give you a good, hard, honest hunt. The very nature of hunting prevents us from promising more. We have no control over weather, changes in season closure dates, your shooting ability or your physical condition. To increase your chances of getting a trophy animal, be sure to practice shooting with your rifle and get in shape. Our hunting operation has an excellent safety record, and every effort is made to safeguard you and your belongings, however, you should know that there is always some degree of risk involved in hunting, horseback riding, and firearm use. Therefore, we require that all our hunters sign a contract/liability release form before their trip. Grand Slam Outfitters also reserves the right to cancel hunts and refund deposits.
A deposit of 25% of the total price of the hunt is required to book a date, and can be paid by personal check. All hunts are booked on a first come, first serve basis. The balance of the hunt is due on arrival before the hunt begins, and must be paid by cash, cashier’s check or money order. Deposits are only refundable if you are unable to draw a license. Grand Slam Outfitters is an equal opportunity service provider and employer operating under permit from the Medicine Bow/Routt National Forest, and the Shoshone National Forest. We also hold permits with the Bureau of Land Management in Wyoming and Nevada, and we are a licensed outfitter in Wyoming, permit #BGO-025, and a licensed Master guide in Nevada, license #479242